Emails and data transfer devices are know for bringing viruses to computers. How can you keep your personal data safe when it seems like each day a new virus or “super-virus” has been released into the Internet? Keeping a virus from transferring itself from a computer to your phones, tablets. and other devices can be tricky if you haven’t taken steps ahead of time to limit virus problems.
We have found a simple 3-step method to keep viruses away from your personal devices:
- Do not open an email from an unknown sender.
- Do not download files online unless you know the website and 100% trust it.
- Always scan your downloads with a trustworthy virus tool.
Here are some tips to follow if you want to keep your personal devices safe from hackers and viruses.
- You MUST exercise caution with opening emails and attachments from unknown sources. If you have an email from a person that isn’t part of your mailing list, you should avoid opening it.
- Watch out for the questionable links. Social media is starting to become cluttered with junk ads and spam links. You must exercise caution when you are browsing online.
- Online downloading is fast and convenient, but it is not always from a legitimate source. You need to focus on downloads that are from credible sources. Avoid those fake games and financial tracking apps that spread viruses in a hurry.
- If you use Bluetooth, use the undiscoverable settings to keep people from being able to have a virus pass through the connection. Basically what can occur is you walk near a device and your connection to Bluetooth is discoverable and you are instantly connected, where a virus can be transferred.
- Use antivirus software on all your devices, even iPhones. Those viruses and hackers are getting better and they are starting to break through some of the “FREE” virus tools you can download. Stay safe and consider a good app that will protect you effectively.
If you have a device that has been attacked by a virus, give Crossaction Business IT Specialists a call. Our goal is to help protect your private data and keep it safe and secure!